3.17.2014

Burp Cloths out of Cloth Diapers ~ Tutorial

These burp cloths are the best. Since they are made from cloth diapers they are SUPER absorbent. But carrying around a cloth diaper is not all that cute so we dress them up with a bit of fabric and ribbon.

What you need:
Cloth diapers
Ribbon
Fabric Scraps
Rotary Cutter and Board {or Scissors}
Sewing Machine
Thread

To add a little bit of style I round the corners using a plate or bowl. Just line it up where you want it and zip around the corner to trim.


Now add the ribbon. The center of the cloth diaper {the extra padding and stitch lines} are not always centered on the cloth diaper so simply use a clear ruler to help in drawing some straight and even lines as a guide for where the ribbon will be placed.


After I got the ribbon in place I folded the cloths in half and laid them on top of each other to make sure they were all lined up together and looking good.

When sewing the ribbons down I also like to use a contrasting color for the thread and use the serpentine stitch to add a little more design and character to the burp cloth.


Now add the binding around the burp cloth to give it a nice, fun and soft finish. You can find my tutorial for binding here.

And now they are done. As simple as that and a very absorbent burp cloth for all the messes the new little one can make.


Do not forget to enter the Spring Birthday Wish Giveaway. Ends midnight {est} the March 20th.

3 comments:

  1. I love the way you rounded the corners on these to give them a little extra personality! I was given a set of cloth diapers burp cloths when my son was born. While they were never big enough for the job (he was a big spitter), I always had one on hand when I changed his diaper to catch any accidents. I can attest that they are super-absorbent! They saved me from a sprinkling on several occasions! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not in any way endorse such criticisms by bringing them to your attention rather it is to help you prepare yourself for similar criticisms. cleaning cloth

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very attractive and aesthetic that the way you put embroidery on the edge of the towels. It gives new look to the
    towels . I wanted to do these designs for hand towels which my kid is using , that will attracts her better !!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails